Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hidden in Plain Sight progress...

Getting closer!  Am I done?

In the last week or so, I’ve upgraded the menus so that they somewhat match the tiles theme that Eryn introduced in his title artwork.  I also added in the Trial mode stuff (two game modes free with trial, the rest you get with purchase), and a credits screen.  I’m pretty much done, I think.




Eryn emailed me today and said that he has some work and a timeline at his job, so he won’t be able to do more work on the title screen for a little while.  This is kind of a bummer, as I’m eager to get this to market, but also a blessing in disguise.  There absolutely no reason I need to rush anything, and having some extra time for playtesting and tweaking is always a good thing.  So I can put on my QA hat and look for bugs.  I could also try to do some marketing, but I don’t really know how to do that.

I did spam out some emails to gaming sites with a link to a pre-release version of the game.  I think one or two might have downloaded it, but I haven’t heard anything back.

One of the biggest steps I still need to take is put together a good demo video.  And I need the help of friends for that.  So hopefully I can rally a couple people this weekend and record that.

No comments:

Post a Comment